Those interested in reading more about topics related to Taiwanese can browse through the readings listed below. There are also some pdf downloads of full books available on the books page of this site.
Essays written by scholars of the subject, some published in journals, available to download.
- Beaser, Deborah (2006). The Outlook for Taiwanese Language Preservation, Sino-Platonic Papers.
- Chiung, Wi-vun Taiffalo. Peh-oe-ji: Childish Writing?
- DeBernardi, John (1991). Linguistic Nationalism: The Case of Southern Min, Sino-Platonic Papers.
- Klöter, Henning (2002). The History of Peh-oe-ji, 2002 Conference on Romanized Taiwanese Languages.
- Lin, Alvin (1999). Writing Taiwanese: The Development of Modern Written Taiwanese, Sino-Platonic Papers.
Chapters from books on the subject.
- Douglas, Carstairs (1873). Introduction, Chinese-English Dictionary of the Vernacular or Spoken Language of Amoy.